Our Beautiful Family

Our Beautiful Family
"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans..." Isaiah 1:17a

Monday, April 23, 2012

The SWITCH
Well, recently it's been very busy at the Milam house. We are actually in the process of switching agencies, which means we have to redo and collect additional documents for our new agency. The only downside is that we were very close to finishing our dossier and then we decided to switch!  We have prayed a lot about this sudden change in direction and we feel that God has graciously provided us with this opportunity. Yes, it's overwhelming! Yes, it's more work! Yes, it's more money! However, we are just following what our Lord has laid out for us and I know that God is in total control! It truly amazes me to see God's work firsthand. He has always provided for and looked after us which is why we felt that this change was His plan all along. Last week, a wonderful couple offered to help us throw a big fundraiser with inflatables, food, and much more. I am so grateful for their kindness and willingness to take on such a huge task. They told me that this was their calling from God to help those who are trying to adopt. Then, I received an email from someone asking me if I would want his boat to sell for our adoption. We know nothing about boats, but we were definitely excited to accept his generous donation. I hardly know this person and he felt he needed to give us his boat to sell while receiving nothing in return. Today, as I was sitting at my desk, one of my coworkers showed me his church bulletin which contained an announcement about our desire to adopt. He asked people if they felt led to donate to our cause then please do so. Every time I witness God at work in mine and other peoples lives it lifts and renews my spirit. GOD IS AMAZING! There are still a few odds and ends left to finish for our dossier and ,of course, it requires an impatient woman like me to wait. However, I know that God's timing is perfect and His plan is without flaw. I just ask everyone to please pray for us and the beautiful little girl God has chosen for us. I pray that the love of Christ shine through us all.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians 2: 20

2 comments:

  1. What agency did you guys end up going with? We also switched agencies at about the same point you did and I was just wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I got your last message in my inbox so I quickly responded. However, I do not think I can reply to those messages. LOL. I think I can only read what has been posted on my blog. With that said, I am sorry that you thought I never responded! Do you remember emailing me a long time ago?! If it weren't for you we wouldn't have our referral! We switched to Adoption Avenues. Your agency goes through Adoption Avenues. We have the most beautiful little girl! You will get a referral soon! A lot of people on my yahoo group have been getting a referral 1-3months. We actually got a court date last week!! We get to meet our little girl on Christmas!! I look forward to reading your blog and hearing about your referrals. Words cannot explain the feeling you will get when you open the email!

    ReplyDelete