Our Beautiful Family

Our Beautiful Family
"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans..." Isaiah 1:17a

Monday, April 2, 2012

Our first fundraiser!


We are still waiting on our home study papers so we can complete the USCIS process. Other than that, we have everything else ready for our dossier! A wonderful woman named Megan is doing a fundraiser at my work this week. Several other ladies are helping as well. They are providing lunch to all my co-workers. I can do a lot of things, but fundraising is not my specialty. It is very hard for me to ask people to donate even though they aren't donating to me. Anyone who donates truly makes a difference, they are saving a little girl's life. I am so appreciative of all these wonderful ladies. They are truly a blessing. Even though Spring has sprung at my work and my students are ready for ((Spring Break)) and so are teachers, I love my job! I respect everyone at my job. I truly could not imagine working anywhere else. I work with amazing people and I get to make a difference in children's lives! The money I earn from the fundraiser will be used for our dossier fees. We need enough money to send off our dossier to Ethiopia! (I am getting really excited!) A dossier consist of a lot of documents such as: our birth certificates, marriage certificate, physicals, reference letters, home study, employment letters, police reports, passports, etc. It will cost us $7,700 to send everything off.
DOSSIER SUBMISSION & WAITING
Courier Service
$150
2nd Installment of Program Fee
$2,000
Post Adoption Report Deposit(fully refundable if all post-adoption reports are returned on time)
$1,000
Dossier Service & Translation
$800
1/2 International Program Fee (1 child) •••
$3,750
Total=$7,700

 Right now, Matt and I have about 6,000 saved. I know that God will provide. He has provided us with the money since the beginning of this process! God is so good. I am so honored to do His will. Sometimes, I get so excited that I get kind of impatient. We recently got an email saying that our wait for a referral has increased. I become so discouraged because I am ready to open my heart to another child now. Then, I realized that God's timing is perfect. I need to trust in Him. I need to realize that this isn't my plan, this is His plan. Recently, Matt and I even discussed Uganda because their process is much quicker and slightly cheaper. If we went with Uganda, we would not work with our agency. We would work with an attorney in Uganda. We contacted several people, but it seemed like every door was shut. I felt frustrated again, because I can be a little impatient at times. Once again I realized that this is all apart of God's plan. He will guide us through this whole process. He has the perfect child already picked out for us. For those who don't know me,  I can be a little eager sometimes. I need to trust in God and appreciate everything God is doing in our lives. Matt and I recently changed our age request to 0-5 years old. With that said, most likely we will get an older child. I am so excited. That means that our little girl could already be out there. I often wonder if she is okay? What is she going through? Is she hungry? Does she feel loved?  So many things go through my mind everyday. All I can do is ask God to protect our little girl. One day she will be in our arms and we will be able to show her our love forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment