Our Beautiful Family

Our Beautiful Family
"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans..." Isaiah 1:17a

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

God's Plan.........

Thinking about her.........It's amazing how this little girl who is so far away is loved so much. Everyday we pray that God gives us a court date so we can touch her little fingers, kiss her sweet face, hold her tiny feet, and give her all the love she deserves. I never realized that this part of the process would be so hard. I thought that once we got a referral we would feel "at peace" because God picked our daughter out and soon she would be joining our family. I feel like I am always asking God to give me patience. With that said, I think God is giving me opportunities to be patient.  It has definitely not been easy...........


While we have been waiting, our little girl got very sick. We could tell she looked sick in her pictures. When she was moved into the foster home, she had a parasite that she contracted while at the orphanage. The parasite made her very sick. She ended up being admitted to the hospital with pneumonia and gastroenteritis. She had to be on oxygen and an IV for a few days. However, we know that God was with her the entire time. One week later, she was back in the foster home. When they sent us our update, she was finally smiling! I had several pictures of her, but she was never smiling. Not only was I happy that she was out of the hospital, but that she was finally happy! 

It's been 2 months since we fell in love with this little angel. We decided to name her Keira Marie. She now weighs 12lbs. I love everything about this little girl. I love her fingers, toes, nose, cheeks, legs, ears, BIG eyes, and everything else..........God picked the perfect little girl for us to love forever.

Now, we continue to wait......... we had our first court date on Nov. 28th. This court date does not involve us. This is when the court system reviews papers, interviews the birth mother, and requests the Federal MOWA letter. Once they have BOTH letters, they will assign us a court date that we will attend. We have yet to hear anything about the Nov. 28th court date. However, no news, is good news! With that said, we continue to trust in God's plan. We have to trust that God's timing is PERFECT. I have to stop feeling discouraged and just have faith.  I catch myself feeling discouraged, whining about not getting a court date, worrying that something is wrong, complaining that other cases are moving much faster than ours and then I realize that I am not really trusting and allowing God to be in control. Worrying will do nothing, but make this whole process harder and longer. God can move mountains, yet I am worrying?! With that said, I am letting go of all my worries and trusting in God.We will continue to pray for her and that she will be HOME soon.

 Matthew 21:21
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.

Romans 8:28
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

1 comment:

  1. What agency did you end up using? We started out with America World and switched agencies right before submitting our dossier because their wait time was shorter. We are currently waiting for our referral.

    ReplyDelete