Our Beautiful Family

Our Beautiful Family
"Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans..." Isaiah 1:17a

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Feeling a little discouraged

I feel very discouraged today. I got an email today saying that the wait time trend has continued to increase,  they see the need to amend the time frame in order to better represent expectations for families receiving referrals.  The wait times are increasing from 14-18 months to 18-24 months for a male or female infant or toddler.  They do not have as many families requesting children four years and older and thus the wait for those families will likely be shorter than the current wait times.This is a process that is out of  my agency's hands and is contingent on the governmental bodies in Ethiopia. With that said, Matt and I are considering an older child. This will take a lot of prayers and discussions. Please keep us in your prayers. I know that God has a plan so we will trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. My name is Rachel and my husband and I are also adopting from Ethiopia. We were also discouraged when we learned of the long wait time. We are hoping to adopt two children under the age of 4 and it was looking like it would be impossible with our agency. We looked into other agencies and learned that every agency has different wait times. We ended up switching agencies and are now looking at a wait of 6-8 months for a referral. There are also other African countries like Congo that have no wait time at all. You can get an almost immediate referral. Anyways your agency seems wonderful and I don't want to discourage you. We just felt very blessed that we looked further into other options before it was too late. Either way, God has it under control!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you email me more details.....bridgettemilam@sevier.org. Thank you so much for reaching out to us!!! :)

      Delete